Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013


          Winkler Bible Camp

We went on a field trip to Winkler bible camp. First we got on the bus the bus left at 8:45. I sat with Ethan. When we got there we put our bags in the main cabin. The first thing we did was an obstacle course and zip line. The boys went on the obstacle course first and the girls went on the zip line.  For the obstacle course at the very beginning there were 2 ropes and you wanted to get across without falling in in the water. One rope was higher to hold onto and one was lower to balance on. And if you fell in you would get stinky and dirty and smelly. You can skip that part if you want. Mostly half of the boys skipped that and went around to the other side. But I didn’t and I didn’t fall in the water. And then after that part of the obstacle course we had to jump across stumps. Then we had to climb up a log then we had to do ANOTHER thing like at the beginning except it wasn’t over water. And after that it was another one like that and then after that there was a mini rock climbing wall and we had to boulder across it. After that we had to walk across a log then I forget what else. Then we had to climb up a play structure and then do the monkey bars and then climb up then we had to go down a slide and then we had to go on this thing  where you had to climb up then slide down then I forget and then we had to climb on logs that went up then down then up and down then we had to climb up this thing onto a play structure and then run across a bridge into this tube thing we had to slide down it and then we had to crawl through it. And then it started curving and going up at the same time then it was straight again and then there was like another thing like at the beginning except it had more support. Then you were DONE!!!!!!!!! Then after the obstacle course we got to do zip lining it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!  Then I did the tarzan rope you were sup post to jump on the big knot at the bottom but I missed! And the tarzan was over WATER!! But I didn’t fall in so I was just hanging there and then he caught me. Then I did the obstacle course again. Then after I was done that we had to go. After ropes we did rock climbing for rock climbing the wall was 43 Feet high. There was schmeasy ,peasy  camel back mountains, crevice, face lift, slinky and I forget but there was one more but I forget camel back mountains was the hardest and schmeasy was the easiest first I did schmeasy I made it to the top! And for camel back mountains you had to boulder it and hold on to one rock. For bouldering you can only go up to the line.  So if you make it you can do it and pass the LINE!! Then after I did crevice but I didn’t make it to the top though you could only grab onto the double rocks. Then we had lunch and we did lots of more activities. We did horseback riding, canoeing, archery and I think that is it.

By: Andrew   

2 comments:

  1. Good job discribing it but where you scared crosing the first obstical. by stephan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew;

    WOW- talk about a detailed post- it is great!! LOL- I can sure see that you loved this field trip and that the ropes course must have been your favourite!? Or did you just run out of time to write about all the other activities? :-) I enjoy reading all the posts that your classmates put on the blog. Keep up the great blogging!

    From;
    Guess who.....

    ReplyDelete