Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Winkler Bible Camp


Chapter 1 ropes course

On Wednesday June 5, 2013 we went to Winkler bible camp. We had to go across a creek. My feet were on a wire and I was holding another wire with my hands. I was afraid I was going to fall into the creek. Then we walked across stumps, then we stood and held a wire like before but wasn’t as scary because I did it before and we weren’t going over the creek. Then we walked across stumps again then we had to walk across tires hanging in the air by a chain, then we had to walk on stumps again, then we came to a play structure and went inside and climb in it but it wasn’t that hard because they bolted a ladder in. then we came to the creek again and went across it will walking on a wire a 2 wires attached to the wire you walked on. It was very wobbly. Then we went on a zip line. You sit on a seat made of wood.  It was fun but not scary. You walk back and give them the harness and your helmet. Then we went on a Tarzan rope. Then I and Carl went across a tree going across the creek. Carl lost his balance and grabbed me and we fell in. then Jordan fell in for no reason. We had a shower so we don’t stink. I was the only one who had extra clothes. I gave Jordan my swimming trunks but his shirt was still wet.

 Chapter 2 rock climbing

Because Jordan and Carl were wet they couldn’t rock climb but they could bolder. I climbed the crevice and shmeasy. The crevice to ring a bell you needs to hang upside down. I didn’t let go or need the rope to go up. The shmeasy took me like 2 minutes to finish. Robert tried to climb shmeasy but he chickened out. But Robert did the crevice. Carl didn’t get to climb but Jordan did. Most of the time we boldered.

 Chapter 3 lunch time

Then we got our lunch I was throwing a juice box up a slide at Carl and then Robert asked if he could and I said sure. On his 1st throw he exploded it. Good thing I packed 3 juice boxes. After lunch we had free time. We played mini golf. I hit a ball like 50 feet in the air. It was fun. I did the course like 10 times. It was awesome.


Chapter 4 horseback riding

So after mini golf we went to a barn. We got split into two groups. 1 group was boys the other one was girls. The girls rode first, while the boys were petting the animals. There were kittens, a guinea pig, rabbits, chicken, horses, sheep, goats and some ether animals. When the girls got back we went. My horses name was sunny, Carl’s horses name was dino and Jordan’s was gizmo. We went on a trail. I liked my horse. It

 

Chapter 5 canoeing

    After horseback riding we went canoeing. Me, Carl and Jordan were canoeing buddies. I was at the front Carl was in the middle and Jordan was at the back. I and Jordan paddled left and Carl paddled right. We had saying to paddle. Carl’s way we all paddled right and Jordan and Stephan’s way meant to paddle left. We didn’t know for a while the person at the back steers. We crashed in to some people and land. I and Jordan switched but it was harder that way so we switched back. It was our favorite out of all. We almost flipped it a couple times, but we never did. Close to the end we played tag so you have to crash into or touch there boats to tag them. It was awesome. That was all our first times canoeing. 
 
Chapter 6 archery

After we walked to archery. I Robert and Noah took a shortcut. The commanders split us in groups. Group1, group2 and group3. I was group 1 we went last and group 3 went 1st.  I hit the target 2 times, Carl hit the target 7 times and Jordan hit the target 3 times, it was fun.
 
Chapter7 the wiener roast

After archery we had a wiener roast. I had 1 hot dog and some chips. After we had free time again and I played mini golf. It was the best field trip ever I loved itJJJJJ!!!!!!!!

By Stephan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment